Robert practices exclusively in the fields of Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. He represents Claimants and Defendants on an approximately equal basis. Robert is a member of the Personal Injury Bar Association and the charity Action against Medical Accidents (AvMA).
Robert’s recent Personal Injury caseload includes: injuries of the utmost severity, brain damage, paralysis, limb amputation, chronic pain.
In the field of Clinical Negligence Robert has been instructed in cases resulting from:
- Obstetric and Gynaecological procedures
- Various orthopaedic procedures, particularly knee replacement/ reconstruction
- General surgery
- Negligent psychiatric treatment resulting in suicide and injury to third persons
- General Practitioner failures
- Cosmetic surgery and dental work
- Hospital acquired infections
Robert is an expert in cases with complex quantum issues, including those involving loss of chance and forensic accounting evidence.
Robert has extensive experience in attending Inquests both on behalf of the deceased’s family and representing medical practitioners.
“He’s very thorough with great attention to detail and leaves no stone left unturned. He’s also very personable and interacts well with clients.” “He spots the important issues early on and has an innovative approach to tricky cases.”
Chambers UK 2019
“A junior handling the work of a silk.”
Legal 500 2019
“He is very good with clients and has strong technical knowledge.”
Legal 500 2017