Richard is regularly instructed on behalf of the insurer in cases involving concerns or allegations of fraud. He has particular experience of acting and advising in cases involving:
- Operational work/Fraud rings
- Bogus passenger claims
- Staged and contrived accidents
- “Slam-ons” and other induced accidents
- Low velocity impacts
- Exaggerated losses
- Fraudulent credit hire agreements
- Withdrawal of indemnity
- Applications to reduce status/Declaratory proceedings
Richard has particular experience of defending substantial credit hire claims which so often arise in cases of this nature.
He is often instructed to draft Defences, advise upon tactics, test the evidence of witnesses in conference and to conduct interim hearings and trials.