Jodie commenced her pupillage at No5 Chambers in 2014, specialising in Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury, before taking tenancy the following year. She has since built a diverse practice and accepts instructions in all areas. She has worked on high value cases, on her own and when being led by senior members of Chambers.
Jodie appears in court on a range of matters, including trials, inquests and all manner of interlocutory hearings, making her a well-rounded advocate. She is thorough and client-focussed and can aptly balance sensitivity with the need to be robust when appropriate. Those instructing Jodie know that they will receive a comprehensive and prompt service.
- Orthopaedic cases including failures to diagnose injury.
- Pharmacological errors including administering the incorrect drug and/or the incorrect dose and prescribing medication despite a known allergy causing physical and psychological injury.
- Nursing cases including the development of pressure sores due to inadequate nursing care and failures to provide adequate assessments and checks leading to injury and death.
- Opth cases including a failure to respond to elevated intraocular pressure resulting in permanent optic disc damage and a deterioration in vision; a failure to diagnose infection leading to permanent corneal damage.
- Dental cases including a failure to diagnose and treat gum disease
- Inappropriate management of diabetes.
Exhibition Award, Inner Temple
Duke of Edinburgh Scholarship, Inner Temple
Departmental Special Award, Loughborough University
The Honourable Society of the Inner Temple
Personal Injuries Bar Association
Assistant Junior to the Midland Circuit
BPTC, “Very Competent”, University of Law, Birmingham
GDL, “Commendation”, University of Law, Birmingham
First Class BA (Hons), English Literature, Loughborough University