The Costs Team at No5 Barristers’ Chambers has the breadth and expertise required to meet all your costs requirements. Consistently highly rated in the legal directories, Chambers undertakes all aspects of costs and litigation funding work, both in and out of court, nationally and in particular in the Senior Courts Costs Office. Whether you need representation in court, or advice outside it, there will be a member of the team who will be able to help you.
No5 prides itself in providing an unparalleled service for our clients, whether we are instructed on behalf of the Government, by other lawyers or by Direct Access and we recognise that costs issues can often be equally as important as the underlying litigation itself.
Our particular specialisms include:
- Advising on litigation funding issues, including Conditional Fee Agreements and Damages Based Agreements
- Advising on solicitor-own client costs issues, including assignment/novation
- Advising on costs budgets
- Appearing at Costs Management Conferences
- Advising on and appearing at applications for interim payments on account
- Appearing at applications for security for costs
- Appearing at hearings after judgment to determine the costs order to be made
- Obtaining or opposing wasted costs orders or orders against non-parties
- Appearing at detailed assessments, for either the paying or the receiving party
- Providing advice as to the effect of Qualified One Way Costs Shifting
- Appearing at appeals which involve costs issues