Yasmin has considerable and wide-ranging experience of commercial litigation. She acts for Claimants and Defendants in high value and complex disputes involving allegations of fraud, negligence (including professional negligence), breach of contract and breach of statutory duty in the full range of commercial settings
In addition to substantial experience of multi-day trials in both the High Court and the County Court, Yasmin is regularly instructed to provide written advice at the pre-issue stage, through every stage of litigation, including settlement at FDR and/or mediation. She often represents clients at hearings for orders for pre-action disclosure, preservation of goods, security for costs, summary judgment and/or strike out.
Yasmin also has a thorough knowledge with the drafting of documents for, and representation of, those seeking or defending against emergency injunctions at short notice.
Examples of recent instructions include:
- Successful settlement of a claim with multiple claimants seeking damages for breach agreements to lend money and/or sell shares
- Advice on prospects and quantum on various defective goods and services cases where the Consumer Rights Act 2016 and unfair contracts legislation is engaged
- Advice in conference on abuse of process/civil malicious prosecution claim, Successful mediation in a high value breach of contract/misrepresentation claim
- Advice on enforceability of a personal guarantee
- Advice in professional negligence claim against an accountant
- Mandatory injunction to allow a commercial tenant to re-enter premises
- Advice and representation in a claim for a prohibitory injunction to prevent breach of a conveyance
- Advice on the enforceability of an option agreement involving the consideration of equitable assignment, novation and agency
- Representation at trial relating to enforcement of restrictive covenants in a contract of employment
- Representation in proceedings for contempt of court brought following the breach of an injunction and undertaking by a company and director.
After graduating from Cambridge University in Law, Yasmin went on to achieve an LLM in Corporate and Commercial Law from King’s College, London.
Yasmin’s experiences in law are multifaceted. She spent a year working as a paralegal in the Dispute Resolution department at Slaughter and May and gained considerable experience of the pre-trial preparatory stage of litigation, with particular emphasis on disclosure, in so doing. At the other end of the process, Yasmin has gained valuable knowledge working in the Court of Appeal as a judicial assistant to Lord Justice Latham and Lord Justice Sedley. These experiences enable Yasmin to effectively relate specialist knowledge as a member of a legal team that fully incorporates both professional and lay client.
Yasmin was appointed as Junior Counsel to the Crown (Regional Panel) in October 2012.
“Recommended for shareholders’ disputes.”
Legal 500 2019
“She has an incredible eye for detail”
Legal 500 2017
Lisa Walton and Thomas Walton v Shan Allman  EWHC 3325 (Ch)
Michael Hunt v HMRC  UKFTT 1094 (TC)
SafetyNet Security v Freedom Security and Coppage  EWCA Civ 1176 and  EWHC B11
MA (Hons)(Cantab) Law
LLM (Lond) Company and Commercial Law