Stephen has extensive experience both of sitting as a Coroner and acting as an Advocate in coronial proceedings. He has either conducted or acted in the following recent Inquests of note:-
- December 2009 – Powell - Birmingham (sitting as Coroner) – 6 week inquest with jury arising from death following police restraint in Lozells area of Birmingham.
- October 2009 – Sharma – Leicester – hospital death following complications of Meckel’s diverticulum.
- May 2009 – Wiecek – Cheltenham – 6 day inquest. Electrocution of foreign workman at Sudeley Castle.
- October 2008 – Brookes – Avon – 5 day inquest. Failure to treat pulmonary embolism. Jury verdict of neglect.
- May 2008 – Zafar Iqbal – Stourbridge – 5 day inquest with jury. Death of serving prisoner following long-term failure to test and treat heart condition. Issues of human rights.
- February 2008 – Pugh – Crewe – mesothelioma following long-term exposure to asbestos.
- April 2006 – Field – London (Inner North) – 2 week Inquest - hypoxic brain injuries to young accountant following minor cosmetic surgery. Highly complex medical evidence.
Stephen Campbell was the recipient of high praise. Interviewees explain that Campbell is "always popular with clients,"
Chambers UK 2010
Appointed Assistant Deputy Coroner for Birmingham and Solihull: 1999
Appointed Recorder: 2000
LLB (Hons) (Liverpool)
Approved for direct public access