Philip is an ADR Accredited Mediator who both participates in and regularly conducts mediations in a range of commercial and property disputes.
The evident tension that exists between the need to ensure proportionality between the costs of pursuing a matter to trial, and the value of the claim being litigated, mean that alternative means of resolving lower value claims are of often of considerable utility to the parties involved.
In that regard, Philip aims to bring a measured but cost-sensitive approach to the resolution of such disputes both on the day and in the immediate period after that, when such disputes often resolve.
Philip conducts a range of Civil mediations,
- Banking and Finance:- In particular disputes concerning the Consumer Credit Act 1974.
- Commercial matters:- including disputes involving contracts, Sale of Goods, guarantee and indemnity disputes,
- Contentious Probate:- including claims for provision under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 and matters arising from the co-ownership of property.
- Property:- including easements, boundaries and covenants
- Technology and Construction: including contractor/employer disputes, payment disputes, disputes concerning variations and issues of completion and quality of work,