Maria undertakes all aspects of insolvency work including personal insolvency, and corporate insolvency.
Specifically, Maria has experience of the following:
- Applications for recission, annulment, and setting aside a statutory demand (specifically where a genuine dispute of fact is alleged);
- Advising on the enforcement of a personal guarantee via a statutory demand;
- Applications restraining presentation or advertisement of a winding-up petition;
- Corporate insolvency including allegations of misfeasance and fraudulent, and wrongful trading;
- Advising directors on their fiduciary duties and the Companies Act 2006;
- Restraining advertisement of winding up petitions;
- Applications to use a prohibited name;
- Transactions at an undervalue;
Maria is currently instructed on the behalf of two defendants in a multi-party action directed by the liquidator for an offshore fund. This case concerns alleged unauthorised investment and misappropriation of funds in excess of GBP 15 million. The claim includes allegations of unlawful means conspiracy, arguments of authority over investment decisions, and arguments of alleged breaches of the liquidator’s fiduciary duty.