Maria is experienced in all aspects of insolvency.
Maria regularly provides advice, advocacy, and drafting in the following areas:-
- Allegations of misfeasance;
- Preference claims
- Transactions defrauding creditors;
- Void dispositions;
- Transactions at an undervalue and whether such transactions may be set aside in accordance with s.339 of the Insolvency Act 1986;
- Directors Disqualification proceedings;
- Fraudulent and wrongful trading;
- Reported test cases pursuant to Schedule 10 CIGA;
- Statutory demands;
- Winding up in the public interest;
- Advising Trustees in Bankruptcy on whether property may be disclaimed;
- Advising Trustees in Bankruptcy on whether property forms part of the Estate in accordance with s. 283 Insolvency Act 1986;
- Advising Trustees in Bankruptcy on search orders to retrieve assets;
- Injunctions in the High Court on the behalf of the Petitioner and Respondent to restrain the presentation of a winding up petition;
- Substantive hearings on whether a genuine triable issue has been raised to set aside a statutory demand;
- Validation orders;
- Advice on, and all drafting in relation to the use of a prohibited name;
- Advising on overlapping property and insolvency matters.
Maria is a speaker for the Insolvency Practitioner’s Association.
Maria is founder of the Women’s Insolvency Network – a marketing initiative that brings together individuals in the insolvency industry for regular niche events.
Maria is a member of INSOL.
Maria is a member of IWIRC and sits on the Communications Committee.