Jason graduated with a 1st Class Law Degree and an ‘Outstanding’ on the Bar Course, performing top of his year on both courses, and was nominated for the ‘Barrister of the Year’ Award for the Birmingham Law Society Legal Awards 2019.
Jason has a broad business and property practice with experience of high-value cases. Jason has regular court appearances and frequently acts as sole counsel in the High Court and County Court. Outside of court, Jason has experience advising in conference, advising by telephone, drafting statements of case and provides written advice.
Recent and on-going instructions include:
- Acting for administrators in the High Court in a hearing relating to a claim of excessive remuneration.
- Acting in relation to winding up petitions, bankruptcy petitions and applications to set aside statutory demands.
- Advising in relation to the merits of an application based on a transaction defrauding creditors to avoid the payment of a judgment exceeding GBP 50,000.
- Successfully obtaining specific disclosure against a non-party to support a potential s423 Insolvency Act 1986 claim relating to a transaction at an undervalue.
- Advising in relation to challenging an administrator’s decision to put a company into creditors’ voluntary liquidation.
- Advising on the restoration of companies to the register of companies.
Prior to joining chambers, Jason worked in the litigation, regulatory and contentious tax team at Pinsent Masons LLP, a top 20 international law firm. During this time, Jason was seconded to work at a client’s office in Westminster on a claim regarding the termination of a GBP 750 million contract and gained valuable experience working on an array of commercial disputes including fraud, contractual disputes, tort of nuisance, professional negligence and competition law.
In his spare time, Jason enjoys travelling, playing tennis and reading with a particular interest in ancient history.
Baron Dr Ver Heyden de Lancey Prize, Middle Temple (2015)
BPTC Best Overall Student Award, Best performance across full and part-time courses (2015)
Civil Litigation Prize, Overall highest mark in Civil Litigation BPTC (2015)
Certificate of Honour, Middle Temple (2015)
Wildcard Scholarship, University of Law BPTC advocacy award (2014)
Jules Thorn Scholarship, Middle Temple (2013)
Platinum Award, University of Law (2013)
Ford and Warren Prize, Best overall performance on LLB (2012)
‘Best Advocate’ Award, Beachcroft Mooting Shield (2012)
Winner of the University Internal Mooting Competition (2010)
Chancery Bar Association
The Midland Chancery and Commercial Bar Association
The Midland Circuit
BPTC, “Outstanding” (Top of Year), University of Law, Birmingham
LLB (Hons), First-Class (Top of Year), Leeds Law School