Francesca acts for both Claimants and Defendants in cases of serious injury and in particular, traumatic brain injury. She has experience dealing with claims valued in excess of 10million. Her hallmark is her attention to detail, warmth and charisma which she projects into her advocacy and makes clients feel comfortable and at ease in conference.
Francesca has a nationwide practice and regularly appears in Court across the country. Solicitors comment that Francesca is sensitive to the needs of seriously injured Claimants and is pleased to take instructions from them at home where their injuries require it.
Francesca has extensive experience in mediations, JSMS, and Independent Evaluation.
She is an active member of the Personal Injury Bar Association.
Cases she has been instructed on in the last 18 months include:
- (2018) 7.5m traumatic brain injury claim arising out of a high-speed road traffic accident
- (2018) Acting for the Claimant in a clinical negligence matter involving negligent cardiac care in an A and E setting resulting in death.
- (2018) Settlement at a low cost for the Defendant in respect of a motorcycle accident where the claim was pleaded at 4m and the Claimant had exaggerated the effects of his traumatic brain injury. Complex issues as to exaggeration to convince vs exaggeration to deceive, the interplay between TBI and psychological injury; and malingering.
- (2018) Life-changing orthopaedic injuries sustained by a pedestrian struck by a motorcycle at high speed.
- (2018) Traumatic brain injury sustained to Claimant resulting in the need for 24hour care for life.
- (2018) Acting for the Claimant against a private surgeon in respect of negligent breast surgery involving cosmetic disfigurement to a young woman.
- (2017)Acting for the Claimant against a private surgeon in respect of negligent face lift resulting in permanent nerve damage and facial disfigurement.
- (2017) Succeeded for the Claimant in a secondary victim claim arising out of a fatal road traffic accident. Defendant fought the case to trial. Francesca is not scared of a fight!
Personal Injury Bar Association.
LLB (Hons) The University of Liverpool
BVC Very Competent The City Law School, London
Jules Thorn (Major) Scholarship, Middle Temple