Esther specialises in clinical negligence litigation, with a busy and well-established practice spanning a broad spectrum of medical fields. Her work includes high value claims, complex matters involving multiple defendants, and injuries of the utmost severity including fatalities.
Esther prides herself on being accessible and responsive, and working as a team with her instructing solicitors. She is regularly complimented by medical experts for her impressive grasp of medical issues. Professional clients often instruct her in the most delicate cases, for her sensitive and empathetic approach.
She is experienced at inquests and will often represent families in the coroner’s court as a precursor to a claim.
Recent cases include:
- Negligent transection of ulnar nerve during arthroscopy resulting in permanent disability
- Negligent fracture of femur during arthroscopy, compounded by negligently-performed remedial surgery
- Mismanagement of ankle fracture resulting in permanent disability
- Delay in diagnosis of fibula fracture compounded by negligently-performed surgery, resulting in permanent significant disability
- Negligently-performed gastric bypass surgery, resulting in chronic pain
- Negligently performed gynaecological surgery resulting in rectal injury and need for stoma
- Negligently-performed breast reconstruction surgery, resulting in infection, multiple surgical procedures and permanent scarring
“Meticulous in her attention to detail and leaves no stone unturned when advising clients.” “She’s an excellent analyst and particularly good with experts in conferences. Can quickly build trust with vulnerable or nervous clients.”
Chambers UK 2019
“She has a forensic eye for detail and excellent client care skills.”
Legal 500 2019
Personal Injuries Bar Association
Chair of Midland Circuit Women’s Forum
Bar Council Retention Panel
Panel Reviewer for Bar Pro Bono Unit
Birmingham Medico-Legal Society
BSc Mathematics and Philosophy (First Class, Sheffield)
Post-Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction, Nottingham)
Bar Vocational Course (Outstanding, Nottingham)
Approved for Direct Access work