Esther practises exclusively in the fields of personal injury and clinical negligence litigation, with a focus on high value claims and claims involving injuries of the utmost severity including fatalities.
Esther prides herself on being accessible and responsive, and working as a team with her instructing solicitors. She is regularly complimented by medical experts for her impressive grasp of medical issues. Professional clients often instruct her in the most delicate cases, for her sensitive and empathetic approach.
Esther’s experience of serious injury litigation includes the following:
-Mismanagement of fistula; settled for £500,000
- Pedestrian vs motor vehicle resulting in significant brain injury, with leading counsel; settled for 2.75million
- Inadequate care in care home resulting in scalding and psychiatric injury, with leading counsel; settled for 1.2million
- Obstetric mismanagement resulting in severe psychiatric injury – settled for 1.2million
- Negligently performed arthroscopy resulting in permanent disability and psychiatric injury; valued at 800,000
- Fatal car accident, loss of mother; valued at 500,000
- Extensive experience in motorcycle accident claims, resulting in multiple severe injuries
"Very intelligent and an impressive advocate in court." "She has a lovely manner with clients, good attention to detail and is very considered in her advice."
Chambers UK 2022 (Clinical Negligence)
"Esther is extremely capable in all aspects of practice. Her reputation goes before her. She is very responsive and takes a team approach, which helps to get the best results for clients."
Legal 500 2022 (Personal Injury)
“Extremely thorough, efficient and sensible. She is lovely with clients and is a safe pair of hands.” “She is calm and collected and her written work is outstanding.” “She's technically brilliant and her knowledge is unbelievable.”
Chambers UK 2021 (Clinical Negligence)
“She combines legal excellence with superb client skills.”
Legal 500 2021 (Personal Injury)
“Incredibly intelligent and able to think quickly in a wide range of cases.”
Legal 500 2020
“She has excellent attention to detail and gets to know a case inside out.” “She is exceptionally good at dealing with clients who have sensitive personal issues and acts with empathy and professionalism.” “She’s very effective, to-the-point, efficient in conferences and is able to easily identify problems and deal with them quickly.”
Chambers UK 2020
Recorder – Civil, Midlands
Personal Injuries Bar Association
Bar Council Retention Panel
Chair of Midland Circuit Women’s Forum
Panel Reviewer for Bar Pro Bono Unit
UK Association of Women Judges
BSc Mathematics and Philosophy (First Class, Sheffield)
Post-Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction, Nottingham)
Bar Vocational Course (Outstanding, Nottingham)
Approved for Direct Access work
Birmingham Law Society Barrister of the Year 2020/21