Esther practises exclusively in the fields of personal injury and clinical negligence litigation, with a focus on high value claims and claims involving injuries of the utmost severity including fatalities.
Esther prides herself on being accessible and responsive, and working as a team with her instructing solicitors. She is regularly complimented by medical experts for her impressive grasp of medical issues. Professional clients often instruct her in the most delicate cases, for her sensitive and empathetic approach.
She is experienced at inquests and will often represent families in the coroner’s court as a precursor to a claim.
Esther’s experience of serious injury litigation includes the following:
- Pedestrian vs motor vehicle resulting in significant brain injury, with leading counsel; settled for 2.75million
- Inadequate care in care home resulting in scalding and psychiatric injury, with leading counsel; settled for 1.2million
- Obstetric mismanagement resulting in severe psychiatric injury – settled for 1.2million
- Negligently performed arthroscopy resulting in permanent disability and psychiatric injury; valued at 800,000
- Fatal car accident, loss of mother; valued at 500,000
- Extensive experience in motorcycle accident claims, resulting in multiple severe injuries
“Meticulous in her attention to detail and leaves no stone unturned when advising clients.” “She’s an excellent analyst and particularly good with experts in conferences. Can quickly build trust with vulnerable or nervous clients.”
Chambers UK 2019
“She has a forensic eye for detail and excellent client care skills.”
Legal 500 2019
Personal Injuries Bar Association
Bar Council Retention Panel
Vice-chair of Midland Circuit Women’s Forum
Panel Reviewer for Bar Pro Bono Unit
Birmingham Medico-Legal Society
BSc Mathematics and Philosophy (First Class, Sheffield)
Post-Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction, Nottingham)
Bar Vocational Course (Outstanding, Nottingham)
Approved for Direct Access work