Esther specialises in clinical negligence litigation, with a busy and well-established practice spanning a broad spectrum of medical fields. Her work includes high value claims, complex matters involving multiple defendants, and injuries of the utmost severity including fatalities.
Esther prides herself on being accessible and responsive, and working as a team with her instructing solicitors. She is regularly complimented by medical experts for her impressive grasp of medical issues. Professional clients often instruct her in the most delicate cases, for her sensitive and empathetic approach.
She is experienced at inquests and will often represent families in the coroner’s court as a precursor to a claim.
Recent cases include:
- Negligent prescription of steroids resulting in steroid-induced diabetes, pneumonia, ITU admission and permanent disability
- Missed diagnosis of penile fracture resulting in permanent impotence
- Assault on patient by doctor resulting in significant psychiatric illness
- Mismanagement of compartment syndrome resulting in permanent foot drop
- Unwarranted surgery for bowel obstruction resulting in ureteric injury and nephrectomy
- Mismanagement of cholesteatoma, resulting in life-changing vestibular difficulties
“Meticulous in her attention to detail and leaves no stone unturned when advising clients.” “She’s an excellent analyst and particularly good with experts in conferences. Can quickly build trust with vulnerable or nervous clients.”
Chambers UK 2019
“She has a forensic eye for detail and excellent client care skills.”
Legal 500 2019
Personal Injuries Bar Association
Chair of Midland Circuit Women’s Forum
Bar Council Retention Panel
Panel Reviewer for Bar Pro Bono Unit
Birmingham Medico-Legal Society
BSc Mathematics and Philosophy (First Class, Sheffield)
Post-Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction, Nottingham)
Bar Vocational Course (Outstanding, Nottingham)
Approved for Direct Access work