Esther specialises in clinical negligence litigation, with a busy and well-established practice spanning a broad spectrum of medical fields. Her work includes high value claims, complex matters involving multiple defendants, and injuries of the utmost severity including fatalities.
Esther has extensive experience in cases involving obstetric mismanagement, including cases involving the loss of a baby, and is known for her sensitive and emphathetic approach in these most tragic of cases. In gynaecological work she is always able to put clients at their ease despite the often delicate issues.
Esther prides herself on being accessible and responsive, and working as a team with her instructing solicitors. She is regularly complimented by medical experts for her impressive grasp of medical issues.
She is experienced at inquests and will often represent families in the coroner’s court as a precursor to a claim.
Recent cases include:
- Mismanagement of labour resulting in hypoxic injury and neonatal death
- Negligently-performed instrumental delivery resulting in shoulder dystocia
- Mismanagement of VBAC resulting in uterine rupture and injury to baby
- Mismanagement of emergency caesarean section resulting in severe bladder injury
- Mismanagement of post-natal catheterisation resulting in permanent urinary problems
- Uterine perforation during coil placement
- Missed diagnosis of hydronephrosis resulting in loss of kidney
“Meticulous in her attention to detail and leaves no stone unturned when advising clients.” “She’s an excellent analyst and particularly good with experts in conferences. Can quickly build trust with vulnerable or nervous clients.”
Chambers UK 2019
“She has a forensic eye for detail and excellent client care skills.”
Legal 500 2019
Personal Injuries Bar Association
Chair of Midland Circuit Women’s Forum
Bar Council Retention Panel
Panel Reviewer for Bar Pro Bono Unit
Birmingham Medico-Legal Society
BSc Mathematics and Philosophy (First Class, Sheffield)
Post-Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction, Nottingham)
Bar Vocational Course (Outstanding, Nottingham)
Approved for Direct Access work