Esther specialises in clinical negligence litigation, with a busy and well-established practice spanning a broad spectrum of medical fields. Her work includes high value claims, complex matters involving multiple defendants, and injuries of the utmost severity including fatalities.
Esther has extensive experience dealing with cases involving delays in diagnosis and mismanagement of cancer and is well-versed in the particular complexities that often feature in cancer-related cases such as tumour doubling times and survival statistics.
Esther prides herself on being accessible and responsive, and working as a team with her instructing solicitors. She is regularly complimented by medical experts for her impressive grasp of medical issues. Professional clients often instruct her in the most delicate cases, for her sensitive and empathetic approach.
She is experienced at inquests and will often represent families in the coroner’s court as a precursor to a claim.
Recent cases include:
- Delay in diagnosis of throat cancer, resulting in patient’s death
- Delay in diagnosis of ocular melanoma, resulting in terminal diagnosis
- Delay in diagnosis of oral cancer, resulting in extensive treatment and disfiguring scarring
- Delay in diagnosis of squamous cell carcinoma resulting in nose amputation
- Delay in diagnosis of bowel cancer, resulting in patient’s death
- Delay in diagnosis of Paget’s disease, resulting in development of breast cancer, extensive treatment and premature menopause
- Mismanagement of prostate cancer resulting in permanent and complete incontinence and impotence
“Meticulous in her attention to detail and leaves no stone unturned when advising clients.” “She’s an excellent analyst and particularly good with experts in conferences. Can quickly build trust with vulnerable or nervous clients.”
Chambers UK 2019
“She has a forensic eye for detail and excellent client care skills.”
Legal 500 2019
Personal Injuries Bar Association
Bar Council Retention Panel
Chair of Midland Circuit Women’s Forum
Panel Reviewer for Bar Pro Bono Unit
Birmingham Medico-Legal Society
BSc Mathematics and Philosophy (First Class, Sheffield)
Post-Graduate Diploma in Law (Distinction, Nottingham)
Bar Vocational Course (Outstanding, Nottingham)
Approved for Direct Access work