David is consistently ranked as a leading junior in clinical negligence in both the Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 guides. David has extensive experience of cases involving spinal injuries. Through his work he has acquired an in depth background knowledge of spinal anatomy and is able with expert input quickly to get to the issues in any particular case. David is on the Spinal Injuries Association’s list of barristers recommended for spinal injury litigation.
The following are examples of the sorts of cases in which David has been involved in the last four years:
- A number of claims involving failures to suspect or treat cauda equina syndrome.
- A claim involving failure to suspect an diagnosis of TB arachnoiditis, leading to a foot drop and incontinence.
- Two claims involving inappropriate spinal surgery (unnecessary long fusions) leading to severe long-term problem and in one case two later episodes of severe cauda equina syndrome.
- A claim involving substandard fusion surgery resulting in spinal cord damage and severe neurological injuries.
- A claim involving negligent delay in treating a known spinal tumour resulting in spinal collapse and paralysis.
“David’s attention to detail is second to none. You know that if you instruct him on a case he will pour his soul into it and make sure that every aspect of the claim has been explored. There is no chance of something being missed.” “Hugely impressive when dealing with experts and focusing their minds.”
Chambers UK 2019
“Intelligent and tactically aware.”
Legal 500 2019
“Really cracking eye for detail and brilliant at getting experts on track.” “A proactive counsel, he is not scared to explore novel legal points.” “He is very understanding and very approachable with clients.”
Chambers UK 2018
“A safe pair of hands.”
Legal 500 2017
“Very intelligent and can absorb a huge amount of detail very quickly.” “Very little escapes his eye.”
Chambers UK 2017
“Second to none in analysing medical evidence.”
Legal 500 2016
“He has a really good eye for detail and is hugely impressive when dealing with experts and focusing their minds.” “He is very approachable, very thorough and always well prepared.”
Chambers UK 2016
Personal Injuries Bar Association
MA Juris, Christ Church, Oxon