As a senior junior, David has long experience of most types of personal injury claims involving serious or catastrophic or fatal injuries. As well as specialising in serious injury litigation, David also specialises in clinical negligence. His experience of both types of litigation adds to his background knowledge of medical issues relevant to serious injury litigation.
David has been consistently recognised as a leading clinical negligence barrister in the Chambers and Partners guide and as a leading personal injury and clinical negligence barrister in the Legal 500 guide.
David is on the Spinal Injuries Association list of barristers recommended for spinal injury litigation.
David is content and competent to undertake high-value serious catastrophic injury claims without the input of Leading Counsel. However in appropriate cases, David is often led. David is used to working in teams of lawyers and experts and is happy to assist instructing solicitors in selecting the appropriate experts for a particular case.
The following is a selection of serious personal injury cases in which David has been involved in the last 12 months:
- Serious RTA claim involving the death of a husband serious and life changing injuries to his wife (including dislocation of hip and pelvis, and severe multiple flail chest injuries), which injuries have resulted in wheelchair and zimmer frame dependence, the need for single-storey accommodation and for lifelong care.
- Serious RTA claim involving 17-year-old pedestrian who suffered catastrophic brain injury resulting in the need for lifelong round the clock care and supervision.
- Serious RTA claim involving pedestrian late middle age suffered catastrophic brain injuries resulting in the need for lifelong round the clock care and supervision.
- Serious RTA claim involving brain injury to 10 year old boy leading to severe behavioural problems and later detention in secure hospital following a finding of unfitness to plead to serious crime.
- Serious RTA claim involving the death of a young wife and mother and serious multiple injuries to her husband resulting in him suffering from lifelong disabilities, need for care and supervision that the need for single-storey accommodation.
- Accident at work involving head injury to young man causing permanent cognitive deficits and restrictions on ability to work.
- Accident at work involving wrist injury to young man which will require a fusion operation and a largely defunctioned dominant limb.
“He is approachable and a good negotiator, and he is keen to get the right result for his client.” “He has a very good eye for detail and he is immensely helpful when discussing cases.” “He is a very meticulous and knowledgeable barrister and I am always impressed by his advice.”
Chambers UK 2020
“Fantastically analytical and brilliant at interpreting medical evidence.”
Legal 500 2020
“David’s attention to detail is second to none. You know that if you instruct him on a case he will pour his soul into it and make sure that every aspect of the claim has been explored. There is no chance of something being missed.” “Hugely impressive when dealing with experts and focusing their minds.”
Chambers UK 2019
“Intelligent and tactically aware.”
Legal 500 2019
“Really cracking eye for detail and brilliant at getting experts on track.” “A proactive counsel, he is not scared to explore novel legal points.” “He is very understanding and very approachable with clients.”
Chambers UK 2018
“A safe pair of hands.”
Legal 500 2017
“Very intelligent and can absorb a huge amount of detail very quickly.” “Very little escapes his eye.”
Chambers UK 2016
“He has a really good eye for detail and is hugely impressive when dealing with experts and focusing their minds.” “He is very approachable, very thorough and always well prepared.”
Chambers UK 2016
Personal Injuries Bar Association
MA Juris, Christ Church, Oxon