David is consistently ranked as a leading junior in clinical negligence in both the Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 guides. David has extensive experience of oncological cases involving death, terminal diagnoses and serious long-term disabilities.
The following are a selection of the oncology cases in which David has been involved in the last three years:
- Failure by dermatologist to diagnose malignant melanoma in a young man leading to a terminal diagnosis.
- Failure by GP and healthcare assistant to commission appropriate test for hereditary cancer leading to a delay in diagnosis of bowel cancer in and premature death of a young professional male.
- Alleged negligent failure by GP to refer a young woman suffering from a primary bone tumour in the school leading to terminal condition and death.
- Failure by NHS trust to communicate high PSA reading to Claimant’s GP leading to terminal prostate cancer.
- Misdiagnosis of the type of cancer from which the Claimant was suffering leading to 50 rounds of inappropriate and ineffective chemotherapy causing kidney failure and death.
- Failure to refer young female claimant for investigations into cervical cancer leading to advanced condition and the need for radical treatment, resulting in the need for nephrostomies, kidney failure and severe long-term disabilities.
- Failure to interpret ultrasound scan and to commission appropriate hepatitis tests leading to a failure to diagnose liver cancer and shortened life expectancy.
- Alleged Failure to diagnose mouth cancer in timely fashion resulting in radical surgery and the need for PEG feeding.
“David’s attention to detail is second to none. You know that if you instruct him on a case he will pour his soul into it and make sure that every aspect of the claim has been explored. There is no chance of something being missed.” “Hugely impressive when dealing with experts and focusing their minds.”
Chambers UK 2019
“Intelligent and tactically aware.”
Legal 500 2019
“Really cracking eye for detail and brilliant at getting experts on track.” “A proactive counsel, he is not scared to explore novel legal points.” “He is very understanding and very approachable with clients.”
Chambers UK 2018
“A safe pair of hands.”
Legal 500 2017
“Very intelligent and can absorb a huge amount of detail very quickly.” “Very little escapes his eye.”
Chambers UK 2017
“Second to none in analysing medical evidence.”
Legal 500 2016
“He has a really good eye for detail and is hugely impressive when dealing with experts and focusing their minds.” “He is very approachable, very thorough and always well prepared.”
Chambers UK 2016
Personal Injuries Bar Association
MA Juris, Christ Church, Oxon