David is consistently ranked as a leading junior in clinical negligence in both the Chambers and Partners and Legal 500 guides. David has extensive experience of high value brain injury/cerebral palsy cases. David is competent to act in high value cases alone though he is frequently led in appropriate cases of the utmost severity. He is used to working with teams of solicitors and experts and is happy to assist instructing solicitors by suggesting appropriate experts for a particular case.
The following are examples of the some cases in which David has been involved in the last three years:
- Major birth hyperoxia/cerebral palsy cases.
- Case involving acute hypoxic birth injury resulting in profound high-frequency deafness and profound specific cognitive deficits.
- Case involving skull fracture during birth leading to traumatic brain injury and significant long-term cognitive deficits and developmental and educational difficulties.
- Case involving extremely premature birth and severe long-term, deficits and educational difficulties.
- Case involving intra and post operative anaesthetic errors leading to hyoxia and catastrophic brain injury.
- Case involving negligent failure to diagnose signs of brain injury in a professional client resulting in permanent and severe cognitive deficits and severe restricting on earning capacity.
“He is approachable and a good negotiator, and he is keen to get the right result for his client.” “He has a very good eye for detail and he is immensely helpful when discussing cases.” “He is a very meticulous and knowledgeable barrister and I am always impressed by his advice.”
Chambers UK 2020
“Fantastically analytical and brilliant at interpreting medical evidence.”
Legal 500 2020
“David’s attention to detail is second to none. You know that if you instruct him on a case he will pour his soul into it and make sure that every aspect of the claim has been explored. There is no chance of something being missed.” “Hugely impressive when dealing with experts and focusing their minds.”
Chambers UK 2019
“Intelligent and tactically aware.”
Legal 500 2019
“Really cracking eye for detail and brilliant at getting experts on track.” “A proactive counsel, he is not scared to explore novel legal ” “He is very understanding and very approachable with clients.”
Chambers UK 2018
“A safe pair of hands.”
Legal 500 2017
“Very intelligent and can absorb a huge amount of detail very quickly.” “Very little escapes his eye.”
Chambers UK 2017
“Second to none in analysing medical evidence.”
Legal 500 2016
“He has a really good eye for detail and is hugely impressive when dealing with experts and focusing their minds.” “He is very approachable, very thorough and always well prepared.”
Chamber UK 2016
Personal Injuries Bar Association
MA Juris, Christ Church, Oxon