Annie is in the Business and Property Group at No5 and accepts instructions in all areas of commercial disputes.
Annie appears in the County Court and High Court on interlocutory applications, CMC, CCMC, Winders List, Bankruptcy List, possession hearings and small claim trials.
Recently Annie has:
Acted as a junior on a 10 day High Court trial in a case where liquidators were claiming 3m GBP under section 213 Fraudulent Trading, section 238 Transactions at an Undervalue, Dishonest Assistance, and a claim under section 39 of the Financial Services Marketing Act (FSMA).
Acted on behalf of both petitioners and companies in winding up petitions (obtaining and resisting winding up orders, adjournments, substitution of petitioners, applications on the impact of Schedule 10 of the Corporate Governance and Insolvency Act 2020 on petitions)
Acted in hearings and trials on the small claims track and fast track including:
• Claim in unjust enrichment
• Breach of contract claims• Negligence claims
• Negligence claims
• Claim for the return of a deposit under a commercial lease
• Claims under the Consumer Credit Act 1974
• Possession proceedings
Acted in procedural applications including:
• Directions hearings
• Summary judgment and strike out applications
• Relief from sanctions
• Setting aside default judgment
• Rectification of the register at Companies House
• Applications to substitute parties to a claim and amend statements of case
Drafted pleadings for claims for professional negligence, breach of contract, nuisance and misrepresentation relating to the presence of Japanese Knotweed
Advised on a number of areas including:
• Life interests and gifts under a will
• Prescriptive rights and equitable easements
Prior to joining No5, Annie worked at Sport England as a paralegal where she was responsible for securing charges and restrictions over sports facilities, drafting funding agreements and advising on restrictions for the use of National Lottery funding. Annie was part of the commercial and legal team involved in the negotiations over the potential sale of Wembley Stadium.
BPTC – City, University of London
GDL – City, University of London
BA (hons) – Kings College London