Fri, 02 Oct 2020
No5 is delighted to welcome to our Public Law team Jorren Knibbe. Jorren’s practice focuses on commercial and regulatory aspects of public law, including public procurement, competition and State aid, healthcare regulation and information law.
Jorren also helps public sector clients with commercial disputes and commercial aspects of public contracts.
Philip Rule, head of the Public Law group at No5, says-
"We are very pleased to welcome Jorren who brings his renowned expertise and skill to the group in his work nationally in the specialist fields of
- public procurement, dealing with both public sector contracts and commercial disputes, and design and negotiation of public contracts, and conduct of regulated procurement and amendment processes
- Competition law
- State aid compliance in public sector projects and grant applications
- Freedom of Information and Environmental Information Requests
- Electoral law statutory and consultation processes
- Regulatory work including healthcare regulatory functions.
To exemplify his work but a little, Jorren’s experience includes local authority and healthcare related work, advising devolved government, advising on university funding applications in medical research, and business accelerator programs, as well as care home contracting issues, waste management, and most recently advising NHS bodies on the award and implementation of contracts for COVID-19 emergency supplies.
Jorren has long been recognised for his excellence by the legal directories, and recent descriptions are that he is “Recommended for public procurement matters” under Public Law in the Legal 500 2020, and in Chambers UK 2019 it was noted under Competition law that
"he is particularly active in the fields of state aid and distribution.
He also advises on cases concerning merger control. Knibbe represents clients before domestic and European authorities, and often assists clients based in Germany."
Clients have described him as very approachable and he is able to work well in a team.
We offer Jorren a very warm welcome to his practice at No5 Barristers' Chambers.