Bernard Thorogood Prosecutes Walkers Snackfoods

Mon, 27 Sep 2010

Two Leicestershire firms are fined after toxic gas kills delivery driver
 
Two Leicestershire firms have been fined a total of £350,000 after a chemicals delivery driver was killed by a cloud of toxic gas.
 
John Marriott, of Scalford, near Melton, died after inhaling chlorine dioxide while unloading chemicals at the Walkers snack factory, in Beaumont Leys, Leicester.
 
The 59-year-old, who was employed by Queniborough chemical distributor Omnichem, died from lung damage in hospital one month after the incident in July 2006.
 
Yesterday at Leicester Crown Court, Walkers Snack Foods Ltd was fined £200,000 and ordered to pay £38,971 costs.
 
Omnichem was fined £150,000 with £29,229 costs.
 
 

Related articles

Pilots may be the subject of a prosecution when flying single engine aircraft in the vicinity of major conurbations, as distinct from flying over a city centre....

Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010
David Lock of No5 chambers is representing Cambridgeshire Primary Care Trust in the Inquest into the death of David Grey and Iris Edwards, who both died following treatment by a German locum doctor, Dr Ubani....

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010
Ralph Lewis QC leads Gordon Wignall, Henry Pitchers and Matthew Brunning in a Group Litigation case....

Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010