Mon, 08 Jul 2013
An inquest has heard that the hospital care of Matloob Hussain, 50, at Airedale General Hospital in October 2011 was full of errors and contributed to his death.
Matloob Hussain needed to have a septic boil drained, but his surgery was put off due to concerns he had been drinking. The schedule of the operating theatre the next day was very busy, and numerous doctors failed to recognise the severity of his condition. He died from septic shock prior to his operation.
Dr Andrew Catto, executive medical director at the hospital, said a major investigation had taken place following his death and that action plans had since been formed and were well on the way to being completed.
Recording a narrative verdict, Assistant Deputy Coroner Caroline Sumeray said: “Matloob Hussain’s death was contributed to by neglect in that there was an opportunity for rendering care which, if taken, would have prevented his death on the balance of probabilities.”
Please click here to read the full story as reported by the Telegraph and Argus
Please click here to view Caroline Sumeray’s profile