The Regulatory Group at No5 is a national leader. We pride ourselves on not only providing the highest standard of advocacy but also the depth of support that lies behind that.
Members are well equipped to provide advice and assistance in any form needed, from detailed formal advice, to conferences with expert witnesses, to urgent and short oral assistance.
We recognise that Regulatory work covers a broad spectrum, and we can offer real expertise in the following areas, whether defending, prosecuting or advising short of enforcement action;
- Health and Safety work at all levels, including the most complex cases, plus inquests and inquiries
- Misconduct and Compliance
- Insurance-related corporate and individual criminal work
- Licensing, both personal and for premises
- Environmental enforcement
- Local authority work covering health and safety, food safety, licensing, fly-tipping, benefits, tax, housing, and anti-social behaviour
- Healthcare, covering Trusts, Care Environments, individual practitioners, and all CQC related matters
- Sports Law, both individual and corporate
Many of our barristers can be contacted and instructed through public access.
The set regularly advises and represents clients from various industry sectors in prosecutions arising from a range of matters, including industrial accidents and the failure of care in the context of national and local business, including healthcare, manufacturing and retail. Impressed clients say: "They have been absolutely excellent and I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for representation in this type of work. They have been very thorough in the advice given and nothing has been too much trouble."
Chambers UK 2020
No5 Barristers Chambers is 'one of the main sets for regulatory law in the Midlands' and also has 'excellent depth' in its health and safety team.
Legal 500 2020
No5 Barristers Chambers’ regulatory practice has ‘excellent strength in depth’; health and safety law is a core speciality.
Legal 500 2019