Non-compete and non-solicitation clauses, confidentiality, business protection and injunctions
In today’s competitive and commercial world, organisations find themselves more vulnerable to the risk of employees’ and directors’ breaches, for example:
- Stealing business-critical data, trade secrets, confidential information and client data
- Poaching key clients and/or personnel
- Setting up competing enterprises
- Moving to a competitor with such data
Without taking immediate steps to prevent such abuse, damage to business can be very costly and sometimes irreparable.
The Employment Group has a dedicated group of barristers specialising in High Court injunction cases, acting for employers seeking to protect their businesses, as well as individuals resisting such claims. All members of this group are specialists in employment law, and understand the unique contractual framework that applies in the work environment; this knowledge puts our team in prime position to represent clients in the High Court
Our dedicated team of barristers provide the following services:
- Drafting of service agreements, employee confidentiality clauses, non-compete, non-dealing and non-solicitation clauses and other post termination restrictions.
- Advising on the enforceability of confidentiality, non-compete, non-dealing and non-solicitation clauses and obligations, fiduciary duties and other post termination restrictions.
- Advising on all steps prior to issuing a High Court claim for an injunction, including springboard injunctions where confidential information has been taken.
- Drafting letters of claim and proposed undertakings prior to issuing a claim.
- Drafting High Court applications for an injunction and all court documents to issue proceedings.
- Conducting negotiations to reach a satisfactory resolution before going to court.
- Appearing in the High Court where negotiations have failed.
Why instruct a barrister from the No5 Employment Injunction Team?
- All members are employment law specialists.
- Injunction cases are usually time-sensitive – our barristers can provide advice and support at short notice.
- Our barristers range in experience from recently qualified to Queen’s Counsel, thus they are able to meet your needs in terms of costs, budget and seniority of barrister required.
- We operate on a nationwide basis.
- We offer value for money compared with our competitors.
- In appropriate cases, we accept instructions on a direct/public access basis.
If you would like further information or wish to instruct someone from the Employment Injunction Team, please contact email@example.com