The No5 Barristers’ Chambers’ Sports and Media Law team offers clients comprehensive in-depth advice and specialist representation in all areas of law related to sport and media.
The group's specialist barristers have wide-ranging and comprehensive experience representing players, agents, clubs, and officials and sporting organisations at all levels from professional to amateur. The group provides personal, expert and cost-effective legal advice and advocacy services to all those involved.
Building on the strength of our experience in both sports and media law, our particular expertise includes:
- Disciplinary and regulatory matters
- Contractual and commercial disputes
- Sponsorship and merchandising issues
- Employment litigation
- Visa and work permit applications
- Field of play personal injury
- Medical negligence claims
- Malicious falsehood
- Breach of confidence
- Negligent misstatement
- Data Protection Act
- Reporting restrictions
- Media and entertainment-related contract claims
- Special procedure material and televising courts and inquiries
This expertise is complemented by team members' knowledge and expertise in other areas of human rights work including, public law and criminal defence.