Members of this practice group are instructed on a regular basis by either the institution or the customer of the institution. The work covered includes banking relationships, financial advice and consumer credit.
The different forums include court, the Financial Ombudsman Service and the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
We offer barristers with expertise across a range of specialist areas including:
- Litigation over mandates, cheques, credit/debit cards and electronic funds transfers
- Disputes about securities, including guarantees and mortgages
- Documentary credits
- Tracing mistaken payments
- Injunctions of different character, including preservation of assets, freezing and search orders
- Negligence claims (acting for both sides) for defective banking services and advice
- Credit and asset hire agreements, including disputes over title to pledged moveable property
- In terms of financial services, we deal with professional conduct and other issues with the FCA
- Financial intermediary disputes, with particular expertise in money laundering, insofar as it applies in the regulated sector.