No5 Barristers’ Chambers is excited to host an interactive half-day seminar, in partnership with Bush & Co. Our speakers will explore the management of catastrophic injury claims during a time of high inflation in which the costs of care and case management seem to be exponentially rising. We will discuss the form of awards, how to deal with uncertain investment returns and how the next formal review of the current discount rate may impact the valuation of cases.
With interactive participation a priority, we will navigate these topics with an engaging and accessible format – the more discussion, the better!
The seminar will cover the following topics:
- Rising costs of care and case management – 1 year after the BABICM report
- Management of awards in times of high inflation, high-interest rates and uncertain investment returns
- How to deal with future contingencies
- Pay rises and future loss of earnings
- Form of awards: periodical payments, indexation and lump sum
- Possible changes to the discount rate