Two Leicestershire firms have been fined a total of £350,000 after a chemicals delivery driver was killed by a cloud of toxic gas.
John Marriott, of Scalford, near Melton, died after inhaling chlorine dioxide while unloading chemicals at the Walkers snack factory, in Beaumont Leys, Leicester.
The 59-year-old, who was employed by Queniborough chemical distributor Omnichem, died from lung damage in hospital one month after the incident in July 2006.
Yesterday at Leicester Crown Court, Walkers Snack Foods Ltd was fined £200,000 and ordered to pay £38,971 costs.
Omnichem was fined £150,000 with £29,229 costs.
CLICK HERE to read the full story as reported by This is Leicester.
Click to view profiles for Bernard Thorogood – Prosecuting.