Tue, 05 Jul 2016
Domestic abuse and forced marriage continue to produce a number of cases each year. This webinar will provide a legal update on each and also look at recent key cases in these areas. Topics to be covered include:
- Forced marriage: a statutory overview and practical guidance
- The Forced Marriage Unit and Forced Marriage Protection Orders
- Remedies for a forced marriage and voidable marriages
- Female Genital Mutilation Protection Orders and the statutory framework
- Other remedies
- Wardship and inherent jurisdiction
Adreeja Chatterjee was one of the speakers at this webinar, you can access the webinar hosted by Lexis Nexis by clicking here. A 20% discount is available by quoting the code ‘Client20’ when emailing [email protected].
Adreeja Chatterjee is part of the Family Law Group at No5 Chambers, please click here to view Adreeja's familky law practice.
Return to Publications