Stephen Campbell - Inquests, Public Inquiries and Coronial Law
Stephen has extensive experience both of sitting as a Coroner and acting as an Advocate in coronial proceedings. He has either conducted or acted in the following recent Inquests of note:-
• December 2009 – Powell - Birmingham (sitting as Coroner) – 6 week inquest with jury arising from death following police restraint in Lozells area of Birmingham.
• October 2009 – Sharma – Leicester – hospital death following complications of Meckel’s diverticulum.
• May 2009 – Wiecek – Cheltenham – 6 day inquest. Electrocution of foreign workman at Sudeley Castle.
• October 2008 – Brookes – Avon – 5 day inquest. Failure to treat pulmonary embolism. Jury verdict of neglect.
• May 2008 – Zafar Iqbal – Stourbridge – 5 day inquest with jury. Death of serving prisoner following long-term failure to test and treat heart condition. Issues of human rights.
• February 2008 – Pugh – Crewe – mesothelioma following long-term exposure to asbestos.
• April 2006 – Field – London (Inner North) – 2 week Inquest - hypoxic brain injuries to young accountant following minor cosmetic surgery. Highly complex medical evidence.
- LLB (Hons) (Liverpool)
- Approved for direct public access
- Appointed Assistant Deputy Coroner for Birmingham and Solihull: 1999
- Appointed Recorder: 2000
Stephen Campbell was the recipient of high praise. Interviewees explain that Campbell is "always popular with clients,"
Chambers UK 2010