Samantha Crabb - Crime
Samantha is a highly regarded criminal practitioner, instructed by the prosecution and defence in the most serious cases including murder, causing death by dangerous driving, firearms offences, largescale drugs conspiracies including importation and supply, largescale fraud and money laundering and VAT fraud. Samantha also has a vast wealth of experience in conducting cases involving allegations of serious sexual offences including both adult and child complainants.
Samantha is an excellent advocate and lawyer alike, respected by her opponents, instructing solicitors and the judiciary. She is an extremely thorough practitioner who will not leave a stone unturned in ensuring the most effective presentation of the case and representation of her client. She is very approachable and establishes an excellent rapport with legal and lay clients.
Samantha is a Grade 4 CPS prosecutor and a Serious Sexual Crimes Panel Member.
Samantha has also been involved in training of Health and Safety Executives within the field of regulatory work.
- Represented one of only two defendants acquitted in a case involving a number of defendants charged with a largescale fraud and converting criminal property/money laundering.
- Represented man charged with murder in case involving complex psychiatric and psychological evidence.
- Represented defendant charged with serious offences of child cruelty involving complex medical evidence.
- Represented defendant charged with importing cigarettes involving multi- million pound VAT fraud.
- Represented one of a number of defendants charged with importation of large quantities of Class A drugs.
- Prosecuted case involving complex cell site evidence.
- Both prosecuted and defended a vast number of cases of a sexual nature involving DNA evidence, issues of consent, section 41 applications and complex issues in relation to bad character arguments.
- Prosecuted case involving 6 year old victim of serious sexual abuse.
- Advised in relation to judicial review in relation to a custody time limits decision.
- Advised in relation to proceedings to obtain a voluntary bill of indictment.
Samantha is a Tribunal Judge having been appointed in 2011.