Richard Oakes - Personal Injury
Richard specialises in the field of personal injury litigation. He undertakes a full spectrum of personal injury work and has considerable experience of acting in cases involving:
- Road traffic accidents;
- Public Liability;
- Employers’ liability;
- Highways Act claims;
- Product liability;
- Cases involving allegations of fraud/dishonesty.
Richard has particular experience of claims involving substantial credit hire charges. He is regularly instructed in claims involving:
- Unenforceable agreements, including the application The Cancellation of Contracts made in a Consumer’s home or place of work etc. Regulations 2008;Copley v Lawn arguments;
- Illegality/Ex turpi causa arguments;
- Complex arguments concerning mitigation of loss.
Richard further has significant knowledge of cases involving indemnity issues, such as:
- Withdrawal of indemnity and avoidance of cover;
- Claims involving the MIB;
- Dual Insurance policies;
- Applications to reduce status/Declaratory proceedings.