Philip Mantle Insurance
Philip appears and advises on behalf of both policyholders and insurers with respect to both non-contentious and contentious disputes in a range of insurance fields, including fire, household and motor policies of insurance.
Philip has particular experience in advising and appearing in claims concerning the rescission of contracts of insurance upon the basis of material non-disclosure or misrepresentation on the part of the policyholder.
- Acting for the Policyholder in a claim concerning flood damage to a substantial commercial property;
- Acting for an Insurance Company in relation to the denial of a claim concerning subsidence damage to a substantial residential property;
- Acting for the Policyholder in relation to the denial of a claim concerning fire damage to a substantial residential property;
- Acting for professional clients with respect to a dispute over payment of Legal Costs under the terms of an After the Event Insurance Policy
- Acting for the Policyholder in a claim concerning a policy of aviation insurance.
MA (Oxon) Jurisprudence
Denning Scholarship (Lincoln’s Inn)
Midland Chancery and Commercial Bar Association