Over 30 years’ experience in litigation. Instructed by leading national solicitors.
He has extensive trial and tactical experience and is a skilled negotiator. He has an established reputation for reliability, sound judgment and an approachable, user-friendly rapport with fee-earners and clients.
Recent caseload has included:-
- Failure to intubate correctly
- Failure to heed risk of deep vein thrombosis
- Accessory nerve damage
- Failure to guard against risk of venous thromboembolism
- Negligent surgery and management of ileostomy
- Arthrodesis – failure to manage
- Hip replacement - failed prosthesis
- Cosmetic: failed facial procedure; failed Botox procedure, failed “facelift”
- Gynaecology – negligent repair of vaginal tear after forceps delivery
- Colorectal – negligent procedure / pelvic sepsis
- Cardiology - ECG – failure to diagnose abnormalities; failure to manage;
- Bladder cancer: failure in diagnose / investigate / follow-up
- Radiology – failure to review; inadequate review of imaging
- Negligence in the management of childbirth
- Corneal infection: failure to examine diagnose and refer: loss of sight
- Ventricular impairment – failure to examine diagnose and refer
- Oxygen saturation / hypoxia – failure to examine diagnose and refer
- Failure to take radiographs;
- Failure to examine; failure to diagnose;
- Failed inlay preparation;
- Failure to diagnose/treat dental caries/gum disease etc.
Orthodontics: cosmetic realignment / negligence: periodontitis
His recent seminars:-
- Brexit: Brave New World
- Part 36 Offers - Securing an advantage
- Public Liability: Developing Obligations
- Vicarious Liability- the Limits of Principle
- Low Symptom Asbestosis Litigation
- The Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013: Civil liability for breach
- The Data Protection Act 1996 from the Litigation Lawyers Perspective
- Drafting Effective Witness Statements
Personal Injuries Bar Association
Mannion v. William Kenyon & Sons Ltd
Birmingham County Court 2009. Asbestosis. Provisional damages: application for further award, effect of co-morbid conditions on quantum/life expectancy
Crust v. Powell
Telford County Court 2010. Motorcycle fatal accident. Proof of dependency following divorce and reconciliation: £100,000.
Weekes v. Stearn
Motorcycle fatal accident and secondary victim claims: £250,000 Oxford County Court 2008
Robinson v. Jaguar Cars Ltd
Birmingham County Court 2008. Abuse of process: effect of settlement of Employment Tribunal claim on personal injury claim
Rogers v. Birmingham YMCA
2008. Birmingham County Court. Work stress / harassment. £29,000 (settlement).
Mercury v. A.C. Lloyd Builders.
Nuneaton County Court 2006.£325,000. Building site, back injury.
Ferguson v. Railtrack.
Chesterfield County Court 2005.
£215,000. Motorcyclist. Severe closed head injury.
Kelly v First PMT
2004 Stoke County Court - Bus operator
liable to driver employee for failure to install assault safety screen.
Coates v Jaguar Plc
 EWCA Civ 337.
Turner v Moseley
2003 Birmingham District Registry £1.03 million - 16 year old severe head injury.
Petts v Copeland
2003. Birmingham District Registry. £2.9million catastrophic injuries to 6 year old in RTA.
Tall v Taylor
2001. RCJ. £1.2 million - severe closed head injury.
Jones v Stones CA
 1 WLR 1739
Bannister v SGB Plc CA
 1 WLR 1123