Miran Uddin - Immigration
Miran’s immigration and asylum practice ranges from tribunal hearings to judicial review claims on private and publicly-funded basis. His expertise covers representation in Court, the drafting of urgent grounds of appeal and renewed applications.
Prior to joining the Bar, Miran worked as a specialist immigration solicitor for over 10 years and was one of a relatively small number of practitioners to be accredited at Level 3 of The Law Society’s Immigration & Asylum Immigration Scheme. Miran was previously Lead Assessor and Chair of the Assessment Board for the Accreditation Scheme and continues to be an Assessor and Writer for it. He also delivers training.
In addition, Miran also sits as a Lay Chair and Legally Qualified Chair in misconduct and fitness to practise proceedings.
- LLB (Hons)
- Accredited at Level 3 (Advanced) Immigration & Asylum Accreditation Scheme
- Accredited Mediator
- Legally Qualified Chair – Police Misconduct Panels
- Legally Qualified Chair – Professional Conduct Committee General Chiropractic Council
- Lay Chair – Fitness to Practise Tribunal Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service
- Lay Chair – Professional Practice Committee General Dental Council
- Lay Chair – Professional Conduct Panel British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Occasional Associate Lecturer – Bristol Institute of Legal Practice
- Assessor – Immigration & Asylum Accreditation Scheme
- Lincolns Inn Hardwicke Scholarship
“Miran works efficiently, ensuring the case is given his utmost attention which is subsequently evident from the work he produces.”
“The client is extremely happy and has asked me to pass on his gratitude to Mr Miran Uddin for his excellent representation... He was extremely professional... I was particularly impressed with the time and effort he put into the preparation of the case.”
“Miran was very approachable which is extremely important in situations where instructions are obtained with short notice.”
VL (Evidence not Received – Article 8) Afghanistan  UKIAT 00074
NM (No retrospective cancellation of leave) Zimbabwe  UKAIT 00002