Maria has a broad commercial practice with experience of both trial and interlocutory litigation. Maria was junior counsel in Lloyd v Kruger  EWHC 2011 (Comm) where she successfully defended a 1.3 million claim in the tort of deceit. Maria is able to deal with the following:
- Disputes involving the supply of business or commercial services;
- Contractual disputes in the media industry;
- Claims arising out of breach of contract, the SGSA 82, the CRA 2015, the Distance Selling Regulations; UCTA 1977;
- All types of injunctive relief;
- Enforcement –through bailiffs, interim and final charging orders, third party debt orders;
- Financial services litigation (professional negligence unregulated collective investment schemes/Harlequin Property);
- Business rates disputes;
- First Tier Tribunal property cases including applications for the rectification of title; and opposing applications for rectification of title where mortgage fraud is alleged;
- Insolvency - bankruptcy and winding up petitions and applications to set aside; applications where there are substantial grounds of dispute raised to avoid a winding up petition being made;
- Claims and defences arising under the Data Protection Act 1998;
HIGH COURT ENFORCEMENT
Maria frequently deals with enforcement issues and issues concerning bailment and actions on behalf of High Court Enforcement Officers and bailiffs including interpleader proceedings.
Specifically, Maria is presently dealing with a test case in the High Court on the interpretation of the Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013, and Schedule 12 to the Tribunal Courts and Enforcement Act 2007. Maria fully understands the HCEOA code of conduct, and the complaints process.
Maria deals with all the high court appeals for a major enforcement company and is able to deliver training in this complex, but niche area of law.
Maria also deals with interim and final charging orders, third party debt orders, and orders for the sale of land. Maria is presently representing an applicant in her application in the high court for an order for sale where there are many competing beneficial interests claimed.
Maria has a real interest in dealing with cases of an international element and specifically holds an LL.M from the University of Nottingham in International Law where she studied both public, and private international law and was an intern at the International Bar Association.
Maria is also interested in international dispute resolution, specifically international commercial arbitration and intends to become a fellow of the CIARB. She is a member of the Young ICCA.
Maria spent 2017 as a registered foreign lawyer working in Sydney, Melbourne, and Perth assisting a company with their litigation. Maria is due to be called as a Solicitor in New South Wales and intends to continue expanding her professional experience overseas.
Lloyd v Kruger  EWHC 2011 (Comm) (Lionel Persey QC)
Defending a fraudulent misrepresentation claim in the tort of deceit.
Booker & Anor v RT Financial Services  EWHC 3186 (Master Matthews)
Limitation issue arising out of a financial services claim.