Jason Perrin - Intellectual Property and IT
Jason joined chambers following the successful completion of his pupillage under the supervision of Steven Reed. He graduated with a 1st class law degree and obtained an “Outstanding” on the Bar Course, performing top of his respective year on both courses.
Jason has experience of multi-track, fast-track and small claims track cases. Jason has regular court appearances and has acted on cases in the County Court and High Court. Outside of court, Jason has experience advising in conference, by telephone and provides written advice.
Recent experience in intellectual property law includes:
- Advising in relation to potential copyright infringement, trade mark infringement, passing off and design rights arising from branding and designs created by a branding agency.
- Advising on the merits of an opposed trade mark application in relation to a business in the hospitality industry and drafting documents related to the same.
- Drafting grounds of opposition in relation to a trade mark application issued by a design company.
- Drafting Particulars of Claim for injunctive relief arising from copyright infringement.
Jason also has recent experience advising in relation to defamation, the law of confidence, malicious falsehood and the law of negligent misstatement, including in the context of employee references.
Prior to joining chambers, Jason worked in the litigation, regulatory and contentious tax team at Pinsent Masons LLP, an international and top 20 UK law firm. During this time, Jason was seconded to work at a client’s office in Westminster on a claim regarding the termination of a £750 million contract and gained valuable experience working on an array of commercial disputes including fraud, contractual disputes, tort of nuisance, professional negligence and competition law.
In his spare time, Jason enjoys travelling, playing tennis and reading with a particular interest in ancient history.
- BPTC, “Outstanding” (Top of Year), University of Law, Birmingham
- LLB (Hons), First-Class (Top of Year), Leeds Law School
- Baron Dr Ver Heyden de Lancey Prize, Middle Temple (2015)
- Certificate of Honour, Middle Temple (2015)
- BPTC Best Overall Student Award, University of Law (2015)
- Civil Litigation Prize, Overall highest mark, University of Law (2015)
- Wildcard Scholarship (advocacy award, BPTC), University of Law (2014)
- Jules Thorn Scholarship (Major Scholarship), Middle Temple (2013)
- Platinum Award, University of Law (2013)
- Ford & Warren Prize, Best overall performance on LLB (2012)
- ‘Best Advocate’ Award, Beachcroft Mooting Shield (2012)
- Middle Temple
- Midland Chancery & Commercial Bar Association