Jason Perrin - Commercial Litigation
Jason joined chambers following the successful completion of his pupillage under the supervision of Steven Reed. He graduated with a 1st class law degree and obtained an “Outstanding” on the Bar Course, performing top of his respective year on both courses.
Jason has experience of multi-track, fast-track and small claims track cases. Jason has regular court appearances and has acted on cases in the County Court and High Court. Outside of court, Jason has experience advising in conference, by telephone and provides written advice.
Recent instructions on commercial litigation matters have included:
- Acting as trial counsel for a FTSE subsidiary company in a fast-track trial in London and successfully defeating a breach of contract claim involving issues of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
- Acting for a statutory regulator in the High Court (QBD) and successfully defending a set aside/variation application.
- Obtaining an order for interim relief for the payment into court of £65,000 based on a proprietary interest in loaned monies.
- Acting as trial counsel for a funeral company in relation to a breach of contract claim and counterclaim.
- Advising and appearing in court in relation to consumer credit cases.
- Successfully acting as trial counsel for a private school in relation to the non-payment of tuition fees, involving issues of joint and several liability and the construction of written contractual terms.
- Acting for an international bank based in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) concerning a dispute involving the application of UAE law.
- Advising in relation to a claim involving Japanese knotweed.
Jason also has experience in the field of negligence, including professional negligence, misrepresentation, agency law, the tort of nuisance, bailment and the unlawful interference of goods and consumer law.
Prior to joining chambers, Jason worked in the litigation, regulatory and contentious tax team at Pinsent Masons LLP, an international and top 20 UK law firm. During this time, Jason was seconded to work at a client’s office in Westminster on a claim regarding the termination of a £750 million contract and gained valuable experience working on an array of commercial disputes including fraud, contractual disputes, tort of nuisance, professional negligence and competition law.
In his spare time, Jason enjoys travelling, playing tennis and reading with a particular interest in ancient history.
- BPTC, “Outstanding” (Top of Year), University of Law, Birmingham
- LLB (Hons), First-Class (Top of Year), Leeds Law School
- Baron Dr Ver Heyden de Lancey Prize, Middle Temple (2015)
- Certificate of Honour, Middle Temple (2015)
- BPTC Best Overall Student Award, University of Law (2015)
- Civil Litigation Prize, Overall highest mark, University of Law (2015)
- Wildcard Scholarship (advocacy award, BPTC), University of Law (2014)
- Jules Thorn Scholarship (Major Scholarship), Middle Temple (2013)
- Platinum Award, University of Law (2013)
- Ford & Warren Prize, Best overall performance on LLB (2012)
- ‘Best Advocate’ Award, Beachcroft Mooting Shield (2012)
- Middle Temple
- Midland Chancery & Commercial Bar Association