Francesca Martin - Personal Injury
Francesca specialises in personal injury claims on behalf of both Claimants and Defendants. She undertakes a wide range of advocacy including cost and case management conferences, interim applications, multi and fast track trials, appeals and inquests. Francesca is confident in conducting CCMCs with or without a costs draftsman.
Being in Court on a frequent basis, Francesca has a sound feel for current judicial approach, particularly in relation to general damages in personal injury cases. Therefore, Francesca is often called upon to value claims involving multiple or complex injuries, extensive or intimate scarring. Francesca is regularly instructed to draft detailed schedules and counter-schedules of financial loss and Part 35 questions for the attention of medical experts.
- Catastrophic injury
- Road traffic
- Credit Hire
- Industrial Disease
- Employers’ Liability,
- Public liability
- Occupier’s Liability
Francesca has recently been instructed in the following high value cases;
- Traumatic brain injury claim caused by a road traffic accident, leading to life changing symptoms. Settled at £475,000.Succeeded for the Claimant in D.R. v UK Insurance Ltd, an important secondary victim claim caused by a fatal road traffic accident, notwithstanding that the Claimant did not see the body of the Deceased
- Defence of a £400,000 Fatal Accident claim arising from a road traffic accident in which there was a double fatality.
- Succeeded against a large engineering company in a claim for contact dermatitis.
- Francesca is known amongst her instructing solicitors for being exceptionally personable and good with lay clients.
- Paperwork is returned promptly and Francesca endeavours to accommodate urgent instructions.
LLB (Hons) The University of Liverpool
BVC Very Competent The City Law School, London
Jules Thorn (Major) Scholarship, Middle Temple