Esther Gamble Personal Injury
She represents both claimants and defendants in the full range of personal injury matters including accidents at work, occupational disease, occupiers’ liability, “trippers and slippers” and fatal accident claims. In addition to acting at interim hearings and at trial in both fast and multi-track matters, she regularly advises clients in writing and in conference, and has wide experience drafting pleadings in all nature of personal injury claims. She has significant experience in handling high-value claims and dealing with the particular issues that arise where there is substantial permanent disability requiring long-term care.
Esther regularly represents bereaved families and other interested parties at inquests. She also advises on and acts in CRU and CICA appeals.
She regularly gives seminars to both solicitors and insurers on a variety of personal injury-related topics.
Esther is happy to accept instructions on a CFA basis where appropriate, including instructions to appear at inquests. She is qualified to accept public access work.
• BSc Mathematics & Philosophy (First Class; Firth Centenary Prize; Peter H. Nidditch Award)
• Postgraduate Diploma in Law (Distinction; Taylor Award)
• Bar Vocational Course (Outstanding)
• Queen Mother Scholar (Middle Temple) 1999 & 2000
• Personal Injuries Bar Association
• Birmingham Medico-Legal Society
Esther has recently been instructed in cases involving:-
• £4 million claim for catastrophic brain injury resulting from a road accident;
• Multi-million pound claim for severely disabling internal injuries arising out of a motorcycle accident;
• £6 million claim on behalf of a “shaken baby” (CICA);
• £700,000 claim for disabling internal injuries arising out of a road accident;
• £500,000 claim for a severe brain injury arising out of an accident at work;
• £400,000 claim for orthopaedic injuries resulting from a road accident;
• Multi-party claim involving accident at work followed by clinical negligence, leading to permanent severe injuries;
• Doubly fatal accident claim involving multiple motorcycle accident.