Esther Gamble Clinical Negligence
Esther is a specialist in clinical negligence and personal injury work.
She has experience in a wide range of clinical negligence claims involving surgical error, clinical mismanagement, delays in diagnosis and treatment and issues of informed consent. She is experienced in drafting letters of claim, pleadings and schedules, as well as advising in writing and in conference, and working with expert witnesses.
Esther has been instructed in cases involving negligence in orthopaedics, obstetrics, emergency medicine, general practice, psychiatry and dentistry. Her clinical negligence practice also includes advising and acting in fatal accident claims and appearing at inquests.
With her extensive personal injury practice, Esther is also experienced in handling multi-party litigation where the effects of an accident have been aggravated, added to or superceded by clinical negligence.
She is happy to accept instructions on a CFA basis where appropriate, including instructions to appear at inquests.
• BSc Mathematics & Philosophy (First Class; Firth Centenary Prize; Peter H. Nidditch Award)
• Postgraduate Diploma in Law (Distinction; Taylor Award)
• Bar Vocational Course (Outstanding)
• Queen Mother Scholar (Middle Temple) 1999 & 2000
• Personal Injuries Bar Association
• Birmingham Medico-Legal Society
Cases in which Esther has been recently instructed include:-
• Delay in carrying out surgery to a prolapsed disc, resulting in a permanent foot drop;
• Negligent post-natal care including a negligently performed episiotomy repair;
• Inappropriate treatment of epilepsy on a cruise holiday;
• Fatal Accident case involving mismanagement of a stroke patient in A&E;
• Fatal Accident case involving misdiagnosis of gastrointestinal symptoms in a child.