Caroline Jennings - Clinical Negligence
Caroline has experience of junior clinical negligence work and is swiftly developing this area of her practice. She has pleaded many cases relating to birth injuries and delays in diagnosis (particularly infection cases) and has much experience in holding conferences with experts. She has also attended multiple approval hearings, for which she has drafted the appropriate advices. She is often asked to advise on value of general damages and has a particular interest in obstetrics.
Cases in which Caroline has recently been instructed:
- Failure to successfully remove stitches to the cervix prior to labour, resulting in additional pain, prolonged labour and severe psychiatric injury.
- Delayed diagnosis of a finger infection post-operation, leading to amputation.
- Incorrect dosage of intravenous adrenaline, leading to lengthy fast atrial fibrillation, acute distress and a feeling of impending doom.
Caroline was pupil to Robert Weir QC, during which time she assisted and gained excellent experience of clinical negligence work including a number of cerebral palsy claims arising out of peri-natal and neo-natal negligence, failures to diagnose and chronic pain.
Having dealt with multiple personal injury multi track matters, Caroline has much experience in dealing with Costs and Case Management Hearings as well as advising on and revising Precedent H forms.
- Caroline is an employment representative for the Bar Pro Bono Unit.
- Caroline has been awarded three scholarships from Lincoln’s Inn: Eastham Scholarship, Lord Haldane Scholarship, and Hardwicke Scholarship.
BA(Hons) History. University of Leeds. First Class.
GDL and BVC. BPP Law School, London.
Bar Pro Bono Unit
Strengths: "She's really good. Clients just really like her, she has very good interpersonal skills, she's concise and she gets to the nub of the issue." "She was very easy to deal with: professional, efficient and very down-to-earth, putting the client at ease."
Chambers UK 2018
Strengths: "She is very sensitive with confidential matters and she definitely gets the message and her case across." "She is very sensible and very approachable. She does not overcomplicate issues and makes my life as a solicitor easier."
Chambers UK 2017