Antonie Muller - Crime
Antonie is a specialist criminal practitioner, instructed by defence and prosecution in cases of the utmost seriousness: murder, manslaughter, causing death when driving, child cruelty, sexual crime, firearms offences, riot and drugs offences.
He is experienced in cases of high complexity such as commercial fraud, VAT fraud, MTIC fraud and confiscation proceedings.
Antonie is an approved VHCC panel advocate, a Grade 4 CPS prosecutor and a Serious Sexual Crimes panel member.
Antonie has prosecuted for the Department of Work and Pensions, and has defended Health and Safety, Trading Standards and other regulatory cases.
He is an approved Pupil supervisor.
He is approved to accept direct access instructions.
‘Well regarded for serious murder trials.’
Legal 500 2016
‘Prosecutes and defends serious crimes, including child cruelty, sexual offences, and complex fraud.’
Legal 500 2015
‘Experienced in cases of high complexity.’
Legal 500 2015
‘…Extensive experience in heavyweight criminal matters, including murder, manslaughter and drugs offences’.
Chambers & Partners 2014
The ‘approachable’ and ‘highly intelligent’ Antonie Muller is noted for his ‘tactical approach to cases’.
Legal 500 2013
‘A good tactician’ who is ‘enviably busy’
Chambers & Partners 2013
An advocate with ‘an impressive reputation for serious fraud defence, including carousel fraud and P.O.C.A proceedings’.
Legal 500 2006
Legal 500 2005
· Represented SK, one of the 11 Birmingham ‘terrorists’: He received the lowest sentence of all defendants.
· MTIC Fraud alleging evasion of £21m VAT
· Represented MK, one of 30 defendants charged with conspiracy to supply class A and B drugs in Shropshire and Birmingham: He received the lowest sentence of all the defendants.
· Tobacco importation fraud alleging evasion of £4m of VAT
· Represented OG, charged with robbery on two separate indictments: acquitted of all charges.
· Represented AB, charged with kidnapping and (successfully) demanding a ransom for a Coventry man: acquitted of all charges.
· R v Greatrex (David Anthony) sub nom. Bates (Jason Alan)  1 Cr.App.R 126 (joint enterprise murder)
· R v White (Andre Barrington)  148 S.J 300 (Rape, cross examination by accused, s.34 Youth Justice and Criminal Evidence Act 1999