Alex Cisneros Court of Protection CV
Alex practises in both the health/welfare and property/financial affairs jurisdictions of the court.
He receives instructions from a range of clients including the Official Solicitor, the Office of the Public Guardian, family members, deputies, attorneys and private individuals.
Property and affairs
Alex accepts instructions in a range of matters in this area. Recent instructions have included:
- challenges to financial deputy/ attorney decisions;
- authorisations of large gifts from P’s estate;
- statutory will applications;
- contentious applications for the sale of property;
- costs applications; and
- applications to discharge attorneys following financial mismanagement.
Health and Welfare
Alex acts regularly in cases involving challenges to a deprivation of liberty, use of restraint and best interests assessments.
Capacity in other jurisdictions
Alex also accepts instructions to advise in Court of Protection matters and matters involving capacity in other jurisdictions including:
- Multi-track trials for damages arising out of a breach of fiduciary obligations as a deputy;
- Property disputes involving an incapacitous party; and
- A Judicial Review in relation to a decision about a Lasting Power of Attorney.
Public Guardian v PS & Ors  Unreported, HHJ Hilder
Case involving fifteen separate donors who had applied to register a Lasting Power of Attorney (“LPA”). All of the instruments within these fifteen LPA applications purported to give the attorney(s) the power to provide financial assistance and maintenance to a person other than the donor. The case established guidance for future LPA’s.
HCC v CB : A challenge to the funding arrangement allowing the Official Solicitor to act as litigation friend.
PG v SE, JE, RS, EE and GCC : A case involving the ineffective execution of an LPA.
JC : A hearing to discharge the appointed attorneys following allegations of misconduct.
- Associate Fellow, Royal Commonwealth Society
- Major Scholar, Middle Temple
- Court of Protection Practitioners Association
- Human Rights Lawyers’ Association
- Bar Professional Training Course, City University
- LLB (Hons) Law, The University of Exeter