Our property specialists work across the whole spectrum of this area of law including both commercial and residential issues related to property, tenants and landlords.
The work commonly done includes (but is not limited to):-
- disputes involving contracts for the sale and purchase of land
- development and funding of property purchase and land acquisition, including conditional contracts and options
- mortgages and land charges
- conveyancing disputes including claims for Specific Performance. • land interests, including easements, restrictive covenants (including applications for their discharge and modification in the Lands Tribunal), highways, village greens and commons.
- claims for the possession of land
- adverse possession
- beneficial interest disputes – all types of constructive and resulting trusts, proprietary estoppel claims
- nuisance, trespass, boundary questions
- compensation claims
Landlord and Tenant cases:
- business tenancies, including termination and renewal; break clauses; service charge disputes; rent and rent review and disrepair and dilapidations claim
- residential and housing, including forfeiture and possession, breach of covenant and rent claims
- leasehold enfranchisement, long tenancies generally
- agricultural tenancies
Interaction of property law with other areas of practice such as insolvency, commercial, family and planning.
No5 Chambers is a highly regarded set housing a number of very strong individuals in the field of property litigation. Its clients include developers, property investors and banks as well as private individuals. Its members have recently handled several notable adverse possession cases including Mitchell v Watkinson & Williams, which reached the Court of Appeal. Other strengths of the set include restrictive covenants, rights to light and rights of way cases.
Chambers & Partners 2016
Property No5 Chambers’ ‘extremely pleasant and personable’ team handles a broad spectrum of property matters, in areas including landlord and tenant, title disputes arising from land purchases, restrictive covenants, easements, mortgages and adverse possession.
Legal 500 2015
No5 Chambers’ property team handles disputes involving contracts for sale and purchase of land, funding of purchases, mortgages and easements. In addition, practitioners have knowledge of all types of residential and commercial landlord and tenant matters.
Legal 500 2014
"No5 Chambers is home to a number of real estate specialists who receive instructions nationwide in relation to a wide range of disputes. The set's members are experts in landlord and tenant disputes, disputes relating to contracts for the sale and purchase of land, and matters concerning the development and funding of land acquisition. Its barristers act for a range of clients, including property developers and local authorities."
"The level of service is very high; the clerks are extremely helpful and very knowledgeable."
Chambers & Partners 2014