Costs & Litigation Funding
The Costs Team at No5 Chambers has the breadth and expertise required to meet your needs. Consistently highly rated in the legal directories, we undertake all aspects of costs work, both in and out of court, all over England and Wales and especially in the Senior Courts Costs Office. Whether you need representation in court or advice outside it, there will be a member of the team who will be able to help you.
We pride ourselves in providing an unparalleled service for our clients, whether we are instructed on behalf of the Government, by other lawyers or by Direct Access.
We are recognised practitioners in specialist fields, and we recognise that costs issues can often be important to the client, as well as the underlying litigation itself.
Our particular specialisms include:
- Advising on funding issues, including Conditional Fee Agreements and Damages Based Agreements.
- Advising on costs budgets.
- Appearing at Costs Management Conferences.
- Appearing at applications for security for costs.
- Appearing at hearings after judgment to determine the costs order to be made.
- Obtaining or opposing wasted costs orders or orders against non-parties.
- Appearing at detailed assessments, for either the paying or the receiving party.
- Providing advice as to the effect of Qualified One Way Costs Shifting.
- Appearing at appeals which involve costs issues.